QuoteWerks Knowledgebase Topic (Article ID 6630)
General - Changing a username and reassociating quotes
This information applies to :
September 30, 2019
How do I change the username for one of my employees?
Since user names cannot be changed, we need to create a new user with a new login, and then associate their quotes with the new name using the Medic Utility.
1) Within QuoteWerks, go up to Utilities and down to User Maintenance
2) Select the old user name and click [Clone]
3) Enter the new user name and password, then click OK (Do not delete the old user name)
4) Completely close out QuoteWerks. If you're on a network, make sure no other users are logged in either
5) Navigate to the QuoteWerks folder. If you're on a network, this will be the QuoteWerks folder on the server.
6) Locate the file labeled Medic or Medic.exe and double click on it
7) Within the Medic Utility, go to Utilities drop down and select Data Manager for QuoteWerks Databases. A Master Rights login must be used to utilize the Data Manager.
8) Enter your login information on the window that pops up, and then click OK
9) Select the Pre-defined System Database Queries tab
10) Select the checkbox for Re-assign SalesRep’s documents to another SalesRep
11) For Current, select the old user Name
12) For New, select the new user Name
13) Click [Start], let the query complete, then click [Close]
14) Start QuoteWerks and go to Utilities --> User Maintenance
15) Edit the old user name and check the box to make that user inactive. Do not delete a user as this can cause data issues, but making them inactive will remove them from any dropdowns/etc
16) With your new user be sure to go to Tools --> My Preferences and edit your Full Name fields and any other information (such as email) that may have changed.
©1993-2023 Aspire Technologies, Inc.
407-248-1481 (9am-5pm ET M-F)