QuoteWerks Knowledgebase Topic (Article ID 6544)
Salesforce.com - Fault Code (1112) Security Token
This information applies to :
October 24, 2014
When attempting to either setup the Salesforce.com integration and test the credentials or use the salesforce.com integration you get the following error message:
Error logging into salesforce.com
Fault Code (1112)
session id missing or invalid
Some salesforce.com installations require that a salesforce.com security token be supplied in addition to the normal salesforce.com UserID and Password. Typically this is required for applications that access Salesforce via the API whether it be a the Outlook Connector, QuoteWerks, or web-based application.
salesforce.com has implemented this in a very simple way. When this salesforce.com security token is required, in QuoteWerks instead of just supplying your salesforce.com password to QuoteWerks, in the password field you will enter your salesforce.com password and then add the security token to the end of the password.
There are two solutions to the issue depending on the situation.
In situations where your IP address will NOT change on a regular basis (only using the Salesforce.com integration from your main office, etc.) then you can choose to "white-list" your external IP address with Salesforce.com.
White-listing your external IP address with Salesforce.com:
1) Go: Setup -> Administration Setup section -> Security Controls -> Network Access
2) Click the new button to add a new IP / IP Range to White-list
(There are many websites available that can help you determine your external IP Address if needed. -Ex: http://whatismyip.com/)
In situations where your IP address WILL change on a regular basis (using the Salesforce.com integration out in the field, etc.) you'll need to generate and make use of a Salesforce.com Security Token.
Obtaining and making use of your new security token:
1) Log in to Salesforce.com via your web browser to request your security token.
2) Go: Setup -> My Personal Information -> Reset My Security Token
3) Click the "Reset Security Token" button to trigger an email to you which will contain your security token.
4) Select and copy the security token from the email.
5) Now, in QuoteWerks Go: Tools -> My Preferences -> Contact Manager
6) Replace your password with combination of the password and the security token. For example, if your password is "MyPassword" and your security token is "XXXXXX", you would enter "MyPasswordXXXXXX" into the password field. (It is suggested that you type the new password/token combination in notepad, etc. to easily verify that all looks correct and then simply copy and paste it into the password field.)
©1993-2019 Aspire Technologies, Inc.
407-248-1481 (9am-5pm ET M-F)