QuoteWerks Knowledgebase Topic (Article ID 6467)
Installation - Rebuilding a lost Master Installation from a Remote Installation
This information applies to :
August 3, 2013
Rebuilding a lost Master Installation from a Remote Installation
REBUILDING THE MASTER INSTALLATION
1) Copy the entire QuoteWerks folder from the Remote Machine to the Machine that will be hosting the Master Installation
2) From the machine that will be housing the Master Installation browse into the new QuoteWerks folder and run nsetup.exe
3) Launch QuoteWerks
4) Verify that we are working with the correct folder by going Help->About->System. The "Install Path" should reflect the location of the Master Installation Folder.
5) Go: Utilities->Merge Remote Documents, choose "All DTFs" and press the Merge Button.
6) Go: Utilities->License Manager
7) Remove the RemotePC/RemoteSite License
8) Enter your Master License Key(s)
9) Close QuoteWerks and re-launch it
10) You should receive an error window; Take a screenshot of this
11) Compose an email and attach that screenshot along with the security.mdb file from the QuoteWerks folder. Send the email with the following information:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Master Installation Rebuild
12) When you receive the response email you'll copy the attached security.mdb file into your QuoteWerks folder overwriting the current file.
13) Launch QuoteWerks (It should launch properly at this point)
14) Go: Utilities->License Manager
15) Recreate all of the Remote Licenses
(If a user account is missing you'll need to recreate it via Utilities->User Maintenance)
16) Go: Utilities->Rebuild CM Transport Files, do NOT check the box, and click the Start button.
At this point your Master Installation is recreated. You'll now need to replace the licenses on all of the Remote Installations with the new one's you've created.
RELICENSING THE REMOTES
1) On the Remote Installation Go: Utilities->Merge Remote Documents, choose "All DTFs" and press the Merge Button.
2) Go: Utilities->License Manager
3) Remove the License Key and immediately put in the newly created one.
4) Close QuoteWerks
5) Copy the security.mdb file FROM Master Installation's folder to this QuoteWerks folder (overwriting the one currently in this folder).
6) Launch QuoteWerks
7) Go: Utilities->Rebuild CM Transport Files, do NOT check the box, and click the Start button.
©1993-2020 Aspire Technologies, Inc.
407-248-1481 (9am-5pm ET M-F)