QuoteWerks Knowledgebase Topic (Article ID 6449)
Print Layouts - Dialog Field Example
This information applies to :
August 3, 2013
Could you provide me with a working example of a Dialog Field and how to apply it to a formula in a print layout?
Here is an overview of how to create a basic dialog font and how to apply it to a formula:
- Click on Reports->Dialog Fields->New
- Set the Field Name to: TEST and leave the field value to TEXT and click "ok"
- After creating the Dialog Field, you can go back and Edit it and modify the User Prompt. In this example: Set the prompt to "yes" or "No." (Don't use the quotations.)
- Create a Formula Field and call it in this example, "DialogTestForm"
- Enter the following syntax (Make sure you don't leave any spaces):
.if.dlg->test="yes".then."The answer is yes.".else.(.if.dlg->test="no".then."The answer is no.")
- Save the changes to the formula field
- Save the changes to the layout and preview it
©1993-2020 Aspire Technologies, Inc.
407-248-1481 (9am-5pm ET M-F)