QuoteWerks Knowledgebase Topic (Article ID 6421)
MS CRM - Active X Error (Vista)
This information applies to :
January 16, 2009
After installing QuoteWerks on a Vista machine along with the MS CRM link, user receives 429 ActiveX Error: Cannot Create Object when trying to integrate.
Vista is not allowing the MS CRM integration link to install properly because User Account's Control is turned off.
If this is a stand alone installation of QuoteWerks, verify that QuoteWerks is installed into the C:\Applications folder instead of C:\Program Files, as that can cause errors all by itself. If it is installed in the correct location, follow the steps below to troubleshoot:
1) Make sure both QuoteWerks and MS CRM are closed.
2) Go into Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the QuoteWerks 4.0 MS CRM Link
3) Go into Control Panel and turn the User Account Control on. You can usually find the User Accounts Control option by typing UAC into the Control Panel search box.
4) Disable any anti-virus programs you may have running.
5) Browse to the main QuoteWerks folder (if this is a node/workstation installation, browse to the QuoteWerks folder on the server) and look for the QWMSCRMIntSetup.msi file. Double click on it.
6) Once the install completes, open MS CRM and then open QuoteWerks.
7) Inside QuoteWerks, go to Contacts -> Setup Contact Manager, select MS CRM on the left and enter in your server details. Click the Test button to verify the link now works.
8) If the error persists, browse to C:\Program Files\Uninstall Information\QuoteWerksNode\ , look for the file labeled "QWMSCRMIntSetup.log" and send it to support for analysis.
©1993-2020 Aspire Technologies, Inc.
407-248-1481 (9am-5pm ET M-F)