QuoteWerks Knowledgebase Topic (Article ID 6407)
Multiple Installations On Same Computer
This information applies to :
July 17, 2019
We have two company divisions we run from our location and I would like to run them on separate quotewerks databases. Is it possible to do this on a single computer (even if not simultaneously).
you can run 2 or more installations of QuoteWerks on the same computer, such as, in the case of a Terminal Server in which you need to run to separate offices.
To do this, you will need to:
- Create a Remote Site license key. To see a tutorial video on how to create a Remote Site License, click on the following link:
- Make a Copy of your QuoteWerks Directory and rename the copy to something like "QuoteWerks Division B"
- Now open the QuoteWerks Division B folder and locate the Qw4.exe file, right-click and send it to the desktop as a shortcut
- Rename the shortcut to something such as "QuoteWerks Division B"
- After renaming the shortcut to the second installation, launch QuoteWerks Division B and remove ALL License keys from the License Manager
- Enter the Remote Site license key you created on the Master installation
- Select the UtilitiesRebuild CM Transport Files menu. (Leave the checkboxes unchecked)
- Register the Remote Site License
©1993-2020 Aspire Technologies, Inc.
407-248-1481 (9am-5pm ET M-F)