QuoteWerks Knowledgebase Topic (Article ID 6338)
Error - Error 52 When Saving a Quote
This information applies to :
July 17, 2019
When Saving a document, you recieve the following error:
"An error occurred in the SaveDocumentToDTFFileEx() while saving file 'c:\program files\quotewerks\dtf\dukq1004.dtf'
Error (52) Bad File name or number
The License Key was copied out of an MS Excel spreadsheet and pasted into the License Manager. This caused a Line Feed Character to be placed at the end of the license key, which causes a problem with the Document Prefix and document numbering.
- First, launch MS NotePad
- Then, in QuoteWerks, select the Utilities->License Manager menu
- "Right-click" on the license key and select "Copy all to clipboard."
- Paste the license key into MS Notepad
- Now remove the license key from the License Manager - This will cause QuoteWerks to go back into "demo" mode.
- Now copy the license key from MS Notepad (This will strip out the line feed characters) and paste the key back into the License Manager.
- You may need to delete the documents that generated the errors.
©1993-2020 Aspire Technologies, Inc.
407-248-1481 (9am-5pm ET M-F)