QuoteWerks Knowledgebase Topic (Article ID 6321)
Incorrectly Spelled User Name
This information applies to :
December 24, 2015
I have created a user name in QuoteWerks and I spelled the users name incorrectly. QuoteWerks will not let me rename the user. How do I correct this?
Delete the User Name from the Utilities>User Maintenance Menu and then re-create the user with the correct name spelling.
(If the Sales Rep has already created and saved documents)
A) Clone the existing user and name the user profile correctly (from the Utilities>User Maintenance menu)
B) Reassign all the documents to the new user profile - using the procedure below:
C) Delete the incorrectly named user profile
---------------Reassigning documents to a different Sales Rep-------------------
Reassigning all documents from one Sales Rep to another:
This will assign ALL of one sales reps documents to another sales rep. NOTE: In order perform this task, both Sales Reps must already exist in QuoteWerks
Important!!! Make sure NO ONE is using QuoteWerks when you perform the following task!!!
- Have everyone exit QuoteWerks - including yourself
- Click on Start->Programs->QuoteWerks ->Tools and Information->Medic Utility
- When the Medic Utility launches, select the Utilities>Data Manager for QuoteWerks Databases menu option
- You will need to log into the Data Manager tool
- Once the Data Manager Utility opens, you should be seeing the Tab labeled "Pre-defined System Database Queries"
- Check the box labeled "Re-assign SaleRep's documents to another SalesRep"
- Select the sales reps accordingly and click on Start
- Once the window appears that states, "Queries have been executed," you may exit the Medic Utility. All documents will now be assigned to your specified sales rep
©1993-2020 Aspire Technologies, Inc.
407-248-1481 (9am-5pm ET M-F)