QuoteWerks Knowledgebase Topic (Article ID 6154)
Error - Error Message - Could not lock file.
This information applies to :
August 6, 2013
When working with a QuoteWerks Product Database or other functionality within QuoteWerks, the message "Could not lock file" appears and QuoteWerks closes.
There are several reasons this can happen including, rights, firewall settings, and Jet Database engine settings.
The first thing to verify is that you have full permissions in the QuoteWerks directory. To do this, try creating a text file in the QuoteWerks directory, rename the file and then finally delete the file. You will also want to verify that no files in the Quotewerks directory are flagged as read only.
Before continuing with this step, please contact your system administrator or IT Professional. To check and change your Windows XP Firewall settings:
1. Right click Network Connections, > Properties.
2. Right-click on LAN > Properties
3. Click Advanced Tab
4. Turn the firewall off.
For information on changing your MaxLocksPerFile for Jet, please see the following Microsoft Knowledgebase Article: 305995
Other Case Information:
In another instance of this error, the user was not able to make the corrections using the steps above (NOTE: This user had Novell Netware installed on their workstations which had potential implications with Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 natively installed.)
Copying the product database to the local machine and then establishing a new link via Products > Setup Product Sources > New resolved the issue, pointing to permissions as the potential cause.
-Messages the User Received-
1. dcItems - Could not lock file.
2. Query Error - Error -2147467259. Automation Error. Unspecified Error. SQL=SELECT * FROM PRODUCTS WHERE Description LIKE %value%' ORDER BY ManufacturerPartNumber
3. Search Error(-2147467262) Could not lock file.
4. Query Error - Error -2147467259.Could not lock file. Automation Error. Unspecified Error. SQL=SELECT * FROM PRODUCTS WHERE Description LIKE %value%' ORDER BY ManufacturerPartNumber
5. Error on 'Set grdItems.DataSource = dcItems' in DisplayAllNativeDbRecs. Error (-2147467262) Could not lock file.
6. Run-time error '91': Object variable or With block variable not set.
©1993-2020 Aspire Technologies, Inc.
407-248-1481 (9am-5pm ET M-F)