QuoteWerks Knowledgebase Topic (Article ID 6120)
Products - Including a hyperlink with a product
This information applies to :
July 8, 2008
I want to include a hyperlink with certain products in my product database. How do I accomplish this?
You can associate a specific product with a hyperlink. To do this, perform the following steps:
- Click on the Products Button and navigate to the desired database from the Product Lookup Window
- Highlight your product and click the Edit button.
- Go to the Custom tab of the product and select the preferred field; for this example, we'll use CustomText01
- Enter the URL into CustomText01 and click the OK button.
- Edit your layout by clicking the Print button along the top of QuoteWerks, then highlight the layout you want to change and click the Edit button.
- Add a Data Field by pressing the Field button along the toolbar at the top of this window.
- Select the Document Items Table, then select the field CustomText01 and add it into the Detail Section of your layout.
- Select Format drop down from the top left and click "Set As Active Style" to "activate" the CustomText01 field
- Press the Save Button.
When you enter a product into your database and it has a hyperlink, it will now display in the PDF or RTF output of the layout.
Note: The hyperlink will only launch from the RTF or PDF and will not work in the print preview window.
©1993-2020 Aspire Technologies, Inc.
407-248-1481 (9am-5pm ET M-F)