QuoteWerks Knowledgebase Topic (Article ID 6103)
Corporate Edition - Transfering rehosted Data to remotes without sync
This information applies to :
July 17, 2019
How do I transfer QuoteWerks data to my remotes when rehosted to Microsoft SQL if we are not able to sync?
With our Standard and Professional Editions of our product, our data is stored in a Microsoft Access database. Access Database information is stored in files that can easily be copied between machines. Assistance and education on moving files between machines is not included in the price of QuoteWerks. QuoteWerks users of computers need to know how to perform these tasks or have resources that they can rely on to assist them in such tasks. Since the copying of files really is an easy process, in technical support we will occasionally go the extra mile to try and assist the person with instructions in how to move the files since it is typically a 2 step process of copy and paste.
The corporate edition stores data in a Microsoft SQL Database. Microsoft SQL server is a very powerful, robust, complicated product that requires significant training and certification to have the knowledge to correctly maintain and use it. It is not as simple as copying and pasting files. Just as the copying and pasting of files is not something that is included in the price of QuoteWerks, certainly the assistance and education on a product such as Microsoft SQL server that for certification requires weeks of expensive classes, is also not included in the price of QuoteWerks.
I understand your frustration that you want QuoteWerks to do something and you feel that we should be responsible for moving it, however that this not factored into our support policies and price of the software. I suggest that you contact your Microsoft SQL server support resource for assistance. The moving of a Microsoft SQL server database from one Microsoft SQL server to another has nothing to do with QuoteWerks. Any Microsoft SQL server trained and certified professional should be able to perform the task without difficulty.
This being said, occasionally even a certified Microsoft SQL Server professional needs some pointers. QuoteWerks Technical Support does not provide additional assistance with these instructions/notes:
* To transfer the tables from one MS SQL Database to another, you will use a DTS Package. ( Please review the following article: https://www.quotewerks.com/kbase/db/attach/Use%20DTS%20Packages%20in%20SQL%20Server%202000.pdf ) You may also want to refer to Microsoft's Website / Support for additional assistance.
* It is important that you do not copy the following tables: DocumentHeaders, DocumentItems, DocumentNumbering, MsysTables, or any of the 'sys%' tables.
* When copying a 'Product Database', there are two paired tables: Product_ProductDBName_Products and Product_ProductDBName_Folders.
* Bundles are contained in BundleHeaders and BundleItems Tables.
* Configurations are contained in ConfigurationContainers, ConfigurationHeaders, and ConfigurationItems.
©1993-2020 Aspire Technologies, Inc.
407-248-1481 (9am-5pm ET M-F)