QuoteWerks Knowledgebase Topic (Article ID 6038)
Moving QuoteWerks To a Different Computer
This information applies to :
October 14, 2016
I need to move my QuoteWerks Installation to a different computer (or server)
NOTE: Be sure no one is using QuoteWerks before performing this procedure!!
1. Locate your QuoteWerks Directory/folder on the server you are moving it from (To Check your Install Path, Log into QuoteWerks and Click on Help --> About --> System --> Install Path)
2. Make a backup of the entire QuoteWerks folder
3. Copy the ENTIRE QuoteWerks Directory into the folder you want QuoteWerks to be in the new server. (For Example: F:\Applications\)
4. Once the copy completes successfully delete or rename the QuoteWerks folder from the original machine just to avoid confusion or users possibly working in the wrong QuoteWerks. (Be sure to save your backup file though, just in case!)
6. Once the QuoteWerks Directory (folder) has been placed at your desired location/share, go to any workstation on your network and navigate to the QuoteWerks folder share. Inside the QuoteWerks Directory/folder you will find a file named NSETUP.EXE
NOTE: If all users will be remoting into the server to access QuoteWerks there, then you will do this on the new server, however be sure that you put the server into Install Mode first before running*.
7. Double click on NSETUP.EXE to launch the installation (Node Installation program)
8. That's it. You can now launch QuoteWerks from that workstation.Repeat step 7 for each client/node on your network.
1. Make sure that you give all users FULL CONTROL Folder Permissions to the QuoteWerks directory/folder and the share on your new server
2. If Moving to a Windows server, do not place QuoteWerks in the Program Files/Program Files (x86) folder, but instead create a folder such as F:\Applications
*Setting the environment to Install Mode (if a RDS or Terminal Services Server):
1. Open an elevated command prompt and enter "change user /install" (without quotes).
2. Run the Node Installation Program (nsetup.exe)
3. When the Node installation is complete, make sure to run "change user /execute" at a command prompt
©1993-2020 Aspire Technologies, Inc.
407-248-1481 (9am-5pm ET M-F)