QuoteWerks Knowledgebase Topic (Article ID 5824)
Invalid tax code 'Y' passed to ReturnTaxableBooleanBasedOnTaxCode
This information applies to :
April 7, 2016
In QuoteWerks receive error about Invalid tax code 'Y' passed to ReturnTaxableBooleanBasedOnTaxCode
Some of the data migrations from builds prior to Build 28 to a newer build.
This only applies to users with the Canadian Tax Scheme. Do not use this if you switch between US or Other Tax Scheme to Canadian and vice versa. This can be rectified by running two separate SQL Commands. You may want to contact QuoteWerks Technical Support to walk you through this process.
Note, this solution is for QuoteWerks:
1. No one can be in QuoteWerks when you do this.
2. Make a backup of your DOCS.MDB file in the root of your QuoteWerks directory.
3. To use the SQL Commands, Go to the Start->Programs->QuoteWerks ->Tools & Information menu and select Medic Utility.
4. Click Utilites -> Data Manager for QuoteWerks databases...
5. Password --> Data
6. Select the Docs.MDB database.
7. Paste the following in your SQL Command box:
update documentitems set extratext01="B" where extratext01="Y"
8. Press Execute/Run
9. Paste the following in your SQL Command box
update documentitems set extratext01="N" where extratext01="N"
10. Press Execute/Run
11. Exit the Medic Utility and Launch QuoteWerks.
©1993-2023 Aspire Technologies, Inc.
407-248-1481 (9am-5pm ET M-F)