QuoteWerks API, SDK, and Scripting
Our COM based API is a powerful way to extend the functionality of QuoteWerks by creating custom applications that perform any specialized task you need by reading and writing information to the active QuoteWerks document.
At QuoteWerks, we believe it is very important for every application to offer an
API. Without APIs, each application is simply its own isolated island,
incapable of interacting or sharing data with other applications. Without APIs
you are not able to leverage the individual strengths of each application.
Programming knowledge is required to use our API. If you do not have access to a developer, we have a list of developers that have experience with the QuoteWerks API.
The SDK contains sample code including the following:
- Contact Manager Integration
Here are some examples of functionality that you can add to QuoteWerks using the API:
- You can create an application to retrieve shipping weight information from the active quote, and present your user with a list of rate tables, and when the user selects how they want to ship the order, you can write the shipping method and amount back to the QuoteWerks quote.
- You can create an application that analyzes the quote totals, and the items on the quote to provide your customer with lease payment options. Once the user selects an option, the details can be written back to the quote.
- You can create applications that analyze the content of the quote to perform validation and checks that normally would require a supervisor to review.
- You can retrieve all the information from the 5 tabs of the QuoteWerks workbook, and the line item information and write the information out to a a text file or other proprietary format to be used for importing into another system. Or along the same lines, you can write an application that retrieves information from the current quote and then send it to another application using another applications API (like accounting software).
- You can even write your own contact management integration to QuoteWerks using the API. You can capture events triggered in QuoteWerks when a contact is requested to be pulled into the quote, when the quote is being saved, converted to an order, printed and more!
Introduction To ScriptingThis video will introduce you to scripting in QuoteWerks. QuoteWerks has built-in VB scripting in the Corporate Edition which enables you to write code to extend the functionality of QuoteWerks including performing special validations, checking for combinations of items, and more. QuoteWerks Scripting takes advantage of API events within the application itself without the need of an externally written application.
QuoteWerks has built-in VB scripting in the Corporate Edition which enables you to write code to extend the functionality of QuoteWerks including performing special validations, checking for combinations of items, and more. QuoteWerks Scripting takes advantage of API events within the application itself without the need of an externally written application. We offer professional services and work with partners to assist in the writing of QuoteWerks scripts.
Requesting the SDK Documentation
The SDK is available free of charge and is needed for both scripting and external applications. To request the SDK, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.